This 365 day project features photos that include words (actual or implied),
text, books,
writing, letters and numbers, signs, libraries, and.... well, you get the idea.


4.06.2010

day 99 of 365

I was just reading a great post on the Beyond Megapixels website about things we photographers do that annoy our friends and loved ones. Case in point: I take my camera to the dump (AKA transfer station). Luckily, I go by myself, so I only annoy the bemused and patient staff who steer clear while I snap away.

BTW: I covet this old washing machine. I don't know why, and I don't know where I'd put it, but it calls out to me every time I toss my metal in the metal recycling pile.

8 comments:

  1. Another mans junk is someones treasure, and it is a cute looking washing machine.

    Si

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would grab that washing machine in a heart beat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Googaly Moogaly---I think that's the first washer Tom and I had. Someone was getting rid of it and we had that cool 3rd floor apartment and I HATED the laundromat. So we wrestled it up there, stuck it in the corner of the kitchen and used it until a tenant complained about the vibration, well, and maybe the one time the hose escaped.

    You know... does your mom have a washer? That would be the perfect one for her as they usually can pull the saved rinse water out of the sink for the next wash. Someone could rig up a garden hose so that the wash water squirted outside to water her yard. TaDa, no water into the septic field.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd either grab the washing machine or push it further in so I wasn't tempted each time I saw it.
    I take my camera every where I go. Maybe it's annoying but I don't care. I suppose when I am driving and stop, right smack in the middle of the road to take photos, that could be considered annoying though I'm not annoyed by it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd snap up this washer in a heartbeat and make a planter out of it. I have seen these done up with flowers flowing over the sides and it's beautiful.

    I'm with POD, I take my camera everywhere, sometimes people even ask me if I have it to snap a moment in time for them. Sometimes a help and sometimes an annoyance. I still have fun with it and isn't that what life is all about?

    ReplyDelete
  6. You could grab it and make it a planter by adding smashing china to it. It is a great shape.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lucy - I would have it in my garage by now awaiting a bright idea!!

    ReplyDelete