This 365 day project features photos that include words (actual or implied),
text, books,
writing, letters and numbers, signs, libraries, and.... well, you get the idea.


7.18.2010

special bonus post

In yesterday's post I mentioned that I wore some pretty interesting color combinations back in 5th grade. That's me, the tallest one, third from the left, gazing lovingly at my lemon popsicle. If you can imagine the pink stockings, an orange dress, and the turquoise poncho then you've got the idea. This was at Carmel Middle School in Carmel California, circa 1968, and these were my popsicle-eating pals.

6 comments:

  1. Definitely a fashion deva.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I can imagine the colors. Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LL, Given your body language, you are obviously the leader of this "gang." How do you know it was a lemon popsicle, is that the only flavor you ate?
    Dan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh, I remember that poncho! I absolutely loved my hot pink hot pants when I was there at good old Carmel Middle School. Pantyhose were the rage then, too. Is that Renee on the far left? The blond girl is Patience or Prudence or some virtue-name, right?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, now this is an awesome photo. I never knew that young girls were allowed to wear short dresses back then and the color combination... wow! lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh how I wish this was a color photo. and how I dream of your pink fish nets. hand on your hip you are ruling that popsicle!

    ReplyDelete