This 365 day project features photos that include words (actual or implied),
text, books,
writing, letters and numbers, signs, libraries, and.... well, you get the idea.


9.16.2010

day 262 of 365

I was going through old boxes of photos and letters last night, and came across this photo of my grandmother, Dorothy Abbot Loomis,  taken in 1914 at noted photographer Clarence White's Seguinland School of Photography in Maine.  My grandmother Dorothy was an avid and talented photographer, and I have a number of photos of her taken during this time period, either by White himself or one of the students at the school.  Read more about my grandmother's own photography and see some of her photos here.

4 comments:

  1. Wow, are you ever fortunate to have such old photos, what a treasure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All I can get is the Merryfield info, not Grandma's info... unless the photos connected to Merry's family are the photos you were talking about. I'd never seen the one with the big plate. Any others along that line? Too cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How wonderful is that old photo, and even more so, how wonderful to have that family legacy.

    ReplyDelete