This 365 day project features photos that include words (actual or implied),
text, books,
writing, letters and numbers, signs, libraries, and.... well, you get the idea.


8.22.2010

day 237 of 365

I wish I could hand these stickers out to the people I see depriving themselves of every morsel of food that they encounter, all in the name of thinness.  What kind of joyless life is that?  I think the words on this sticker could have been my grandmother's motto -- in times of crisis or sorrow or even just faced with daily life, she considered food to be the best medicine.  Click here for a few of her recipes.

It's a rainy Sunday, and that means I'm cooking something heartwarming for dinner.  Hope you're conjuring up something filled with love for yourself or your family today.

3 comments:

  1. What an awesome way to spend a rainy Sunday, cooking up a storm is something I'm looking forward to once I get settled into my new place! I can smell your kitchen from here... yummmm! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just checked out your post of your grandmother's recipes, extremely impressive and so awesome to have her actual recipe cards! Now I'm getting hungry! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yow! The hermit recipe. Such joy. By the way, I was there for that wedding cake. An almost 5 yr old who was warned [along with Sylvia] to STAY AWAY from the cake. Fun times, my introduction to the farm and a fun night spent with Sylvia upstairs with WaWa in attendance. The un-precedented taste of little girl freedom at the farm the morning of the wedding. I was TOTALLY entranced! [and, may I add, thoroughly embraced by my newly added family.]

    ReplyDelete